Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weekend Grind- Part#2



Alright! I'm back! And it's part#2 of Ali's weekend grind....I have to say, finding my journey to get back into shape has been tough!

So, this past weekend, my homeboy, "D" took me up to a mystery location to run....Prior to us arriving, he says "Hey, this is going to be a light workout"!.............YEEEEAAAA, OKKKKK!
I knew he was BullSh**!

Soooo, when we arrived to the tallest & longest hill (picture#2) in NYC, he pulled out his workout book and smiled- devilishly, and said, Yo "A's"??!! We have to run our fastest, 3 times! I replied, "WHAT THE **** "!! lol

However, my attitude was overshadowed by the positive cheers that our female friends yelled from the sidewalk..... "GO ALI, GO ALI, GO!" Even some guy yelled, "WE LOVE YOU ALI, YOUR FIRST"! - "D".......... "Who ME!"-Ali

Indeed I did, taking off at my fastest speed...2mph!... (Seen in picture#1-left)... I am clearly struggling on my first attempt! Nevertheless, I completed each of the three in record breaking times! Thank GOD!

Til next time, peace and smile!

*Shout out to Adidas for the gear!

No comments: