Thursday, September 11, 2008

Saeedah's Hump Day

Im sitting at work, in my chair, hungry from not having breakfast, as if I do any other morning, but I find myself so happy and stimulated that I get a break from Ramadan (Islamic Holiday; fasting from Sun up to Sun down for thirty days) today because of my (generally dreaded) monthly (ladies you know what that is! Men only know when you tell them it hasn't come this month *hint hint)... So as I finally bite into my butter bagel for a dollar, that I bought from a different store after disputing with the teen girl who attempted to sell me a croissant with a slice of american cheese for $3, STOOOOOP!!!... I mean a sistah doesn't even buy milk anymore!! Anyway Im sitting and thinking about being on an island. Far away having a cocktail (so what its 10:30am) and laying on the beach. But instead I stroll to get charts, in preparation to write notes on the children of NYC that I attempt in so many ways to save, but most are resistant, but I try. (I say get a switch! Lol-- black folk, ya'll know about switches, and to my brothers, ya'll remember the "strap", lmao, sad thing is, you guys think Im joking! Hmmph!) But the only island Im on today is Manhattan... And so, I'll enjoy that its hump day, and smile because Friday is two days closer! =

No comments: